Welcome, you are about to E-file for your exemption.
Before you begin, please note:
- To qualify, your Martin County home must be your permanent residence.
- Florida law does not allow dual exemptions. Penalties are harsh when discovered.
- You and/or your spouse must not be receiving a residency based exemption or benefit on any other property in Florida or another state, such as, but not limited to:
- The New York STAR Exemption
- The Wisconsin Lottery and Gaming Credit
- The Michigan Homestead Property Tax Credit
- The Ohio Rollback
- The Pennsylvania Homestead or Farmstead Relief
- The Georgia Homestead Exemption
- Or, a residency based Property Tax Circuit Breaker Program
- If you own property in another state, verify with the local assessor that you are not receiving a residency benefit. If you are, it must be canceled and evidence of cancelation must be provided in order to qualify for a Martin County exemption.
- Please completely finish the application once you start the Homestead Exemption process.
- Do not click the browser Forward and Backward buttons during the application process.
- All correspondence from our office regarding this online application will be by email. If you do not receive an email from our office, please check your "SPAM" folder.