Welcome, you are about to E-file for your exemption.
If you e-file an application, you will always receive correspondence via email from our office. If you do not see an email in your “inbox”, please check your “spam” folder to confirm if additional information may be necessary to complete your application.
Before you begin, please note:
- Recommended: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge; computer rather than a mobile device.
- To qualify, your Martin County home must be your permanent residence.
- Florida law does not allow dual exemptions. Penalties are harsh when discovered.
- You and/or your spouse must not be receiving a residency based exemption or benefit on any other property in Florida or another state, such as, but not limited to:
- The New York STAR Exemption
- The Wisconsin Lottery and Gaming Credit
- The Michigan Homestead Property Tax Credit
- The Ohio Rollback
- The Pennsylvania Homestead or Farmstead Relief
- The Georgia Homestead Exemption
- Or, a residency based Property Tax Circuit Breaker Program
- If you own property in another state, verify with the local assessor that you are not receiving a residency benefit. If you are, it must be canceled and evidence of cancelation must be provided in order to qualify for a Martin County exemption.
- Please completely finish the application once you start the Homestead Exemption process.
- Do not click the browser Forward and Backward buttons during the application process.
If your property is held in a trust, or if there are three or more owners on this property, you will not be able to complete this e-file application. Please stop now and contact our office at 772-288-5608 or